We understand that buying a new car can be a huge expense and we want to make the process and pain free as possible. Our vehicle finance allows you to drive away the same day with a quick and easy application.
We work closely with Close Brothers to bring you an affordable finance solution for your car purchase. Your individual circumstances will be assessed to offer finance where other companies can’t.
Fill out the form below to enquire about our car finance and we will get back to you with a personalised finance offer! Please click here to view our range of used cars available and reference the make and model in the form below.
Please note that the calculations and APR below is for illustration purposes only and the figures may change depending on individual circumstances.
Example Car Finance Calculator
Please follow and like us:
Our Breakdown Advice
We would always recommend that its key to keep your vehicle up to date with all checks and servicing to keep any unwanted breakdowns at bay. Our breakdown advice will be to perform these basic vehicle checks at least twice a month involve some key areas:
- Tyres – We recommend checking your tread and tyre pressures every couple of weeks (don’t forget the spare!) and ensuring that the tyres are within the 1.6mm legal tread limit. This can often be lower on the inside of the tyre so make sure you check in a few areas!
- Engine Oil – Another easy check that most cars will alert you to if it’s low but try not to rely on that (theres a reason they still supply a dipstick!) If you’re having to top up your oil regularly then there is a potentially a leak so get in contact.
- Water – This is to check that the coolant level sits between the two markers. Its key that before our cold weather kicks in, anti-freeze is used to prevent the obvious happening!
- Screenwash – Did you know that the Road Vehicles Regulations 1986 state that it’s illegal for your car not to have windscreen wash? A simple one that can prevent any nasty distractions in your line of site.
- Lights – Walk around your vehicle with the lights on to check that everything is working as it should. Use a friend or family member to check the brake lights.
- Jack and tools – If your car does have a spare wheel then make sure you’ve got the kit to change it. It’s worth heading over to Youtube to check how to change a tyre if you’re unsure!
Although these are simple car checks, if you are unable to carry out the checks then pop the car into our garage and we can carry them out for you.
As much as we would love to say that carrying out these checks will prevent your car from breaking down, it’s just a matter of time until almost every car will encounter roadside problems. Whether it’s that sticky clutch that you’ve known was going to give up soon or a simple flat tyre, we at James and Aldridge Garage offer 24/7 Roadside Assistance.
Breakdown Advice and Safety
We are a certified recovery specialist so you can be confident of a safe and prompt recovery. We aim to get our recovery truck to you as soon as we possibly can but in busy periods or depending on where you are, you may be on the side of the road for over an hour so its important to keep yourself safe.
- Where possible, try and get your vehicle off of the road itself. Living in Cornwall that isn’t always possible as it always seems to be the country roads that it finally does decide to give up, but as soon as you encounter the issues then pull over safely and out of the way. Using your hazard lights will alert other drivers of your presence and allow them to adjust their speed and path. In most European countries it is mandatory to carry a red warning triangle in the car so we would recommend the same advice. This should be placed about 50 metres behind your car to warn on-coming traffic of a hazard.
- Ensure you and your family are safe. If you’ve broken down on the road or especially the motorway then if it is safe to do so, exit the vehicle and find somewhere safe to wait for your car recovery. This is especially important if you were unable to pull over in time and your vehicle is left in an unsafe location. Only once safe, phone for assistance.
- Contact your vehicle breakdown company. James and Aldridge Garage are proud to offer 24/7 roadside recovery up to 200 miles away so give us a ring as soon as you can. Save 01288 356568 to your phone in case of emergencies.
Another simple piece of breakdown advice is to always travel with an in car phone charger (keep it in the glove box for emergencies!). The last thing you want to do is break down 100 miles from home and in the middle of nowhere, with no way of getting hold of anyone. If travelling along the motorway then you will find regular SOS phones but living in Cornwall we’re not quite so lucky!
As much as you would never want to break down, preparing for the worst is always advisable. If travelling during the colder months then keep some warm clothes and a blanket in the car, depending on whats broken down on your car you may not be able to rely on the heating. A rain coat is also advisable if needing to stand away from the car during a deluge!
We wish you safe travels on your journey but please get in contact if you have any issues!
Give us a call on 01288 356568 if you have any questions or other breakdown advice.
Please follow and like us: